Services to Seek Elsewhere

  • Routine U.S. passport renewals if you have no imminent travel plans, more than three months’ validity left on a valid U.S. passport, or you have a foreign passport that you can use to depart Nicaragua.
    • Instead, apply at another U.S. embassy or while you are in the United States (if you have a valid U.S. passport to get there).
  • All notarial services, including Nicaraguan residency-related documents, mortgage/loan documents, property or vehicle sales, and translator affidavits.
    • Instead, apply at another U.S. Embassy or use a notary public in the United States.


If you are a U.S. citizen seeking a non-visa-related service that is not clearly listed above, please email us at to ask if we can assist you.

For questions about immigrant visa cases pending at the U.S. Embassy in Managua, please see our most recent frequently asked questions about visa processing. Inquiries about visas sent to the above email address will not be answered.