Effective September 25, 2018, until further notice: Open to public for all consular services by appointment. (Please read below.)
Although the situation in Nicaragua has not returned to normal, the Embassy continues to provide U.S. citizen services and has resumed visa processing. Instructions for the resumption of visa processing have been posted on this webpage. Please follow the links or call the numbers below for additional service-related information.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Managua, located at Km 5 ½ C. Sur Managua, Nicaragua, by calling +505-2252-7104, 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 7:15 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Fridays. The American Citizen Services unit is also available by email during regular business hours at Managua@state.gov. For after-hours emergencies, call +505-2252-7100 and ask for the Embassy Duty Officer.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Nicaragua Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- For further information about the security situation in Nicaragua, please see our latest Security Alerts.