Study of the U.S. Institutes for University Faculty 2024
Deadline: December 5, 2023
Study of the United States Institutes exchanges are intensive six-week post-graduate level academic programs with integrated study tours. The program provides foreign university faculty and scholars the opportunity to deepen their understanding of American society, culture, and institutions.
The goal of these programs is to strengthen curricula and improve the quality of instruction related to the United States in academic institutions abroad. Each program includes four weeks of academic seminars and two weeks of integrated study-tours designed to strengthen academic seminar content.
Themes Of Study
- Contemporary American Literature
- U.S. Culture, Identity, and Society
- U.S. Economics, Sustainable Development, and Foreign Policy
Requirements For Selection
- Nicaraguan citizens living in Nicaragua
- Highly motivated faculty member or think-tank researcher with at least four years of teaching/research experience at a Nicaraguan university and/or institution and commitment to continue teaching/researching in the future
- Excellent command of the English language (minimum 550 TOEFL/90 iBT-TOEFL score)
- Candidates must be between 30 and 50 years old
- Complete application form (Download here – MS Word)
How To Send Your Application
Please send your application to the email address PASManagua@state.gov. Please use subject title “Your Complete Name – SUSI 2024 for Scholars.” Example: Katherine Johnson – SUSI 2024 for Scholars.
For more information or questions about the themes of study PASManagua@state.gov. Please use the subject title “SUSI 2024 for Scholars.”
This program is under the auspices of the Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State