Event: Heightened Middle East Tensions
There is heightened tension in the Middle East that may result in security risks to U.S. citizens abroad.
The Embassy will continue to review the security situation and will provide additional information as needed.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
Please follow the links or call the numbers below for consular assistance.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Managua, located at Km 5 ½ C. Sur Managua, Nicaragua, by calling +505-2252-7104, 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 7:15 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Fridays. The American Citizen Services unit is also available by email during regular business hours at ACSManagua@state.gov. For after-hours emergencies, call +505-2252-7171 and ask for the Embassy Duty Officer.
- Nicaragua Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter