Note: The Opportunity Fund Program is closed at this time
Application Requirements for Opportunity Funds Program
This micro-scholarship covers the upfront costs to apply for admissions to juniors or sophomores in high school, or anyone seeking a graduate program in a college or university in the United States of America. It is not a scholarship to cover tuition or any other fees after the student has been admitted to an institution.
Students must be of limited economic resources, possess academic achievements, proficiency in the English language, committed to search, and find that Higher Education Institution that has the right fit. Must be Nicaraguan citizen only.
Note: Does not apply to previous Opportunity Funds Grantees. Fields of study excluded are: Medicine, Architecture, MBA and Law.
- Complete online Scholarship Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae, two pages maximum
- Complete essay section of the online application describing dreams, future goals, and professional life. Should not exceed 600 words
- High School Certificate, report card (8th-9th grade). University Certificate/Degree, transcripts (1st -5th year)
- Grade Point Average should be no less or equal to 90
- Water bill
- Electricity bill
- If selected among the top finalists, the student will be notified and called for an interview
- Read the application thoroughly.
- Fill all the required fields. Please do not leave any blank spaces. Answer all the questions, and fill in the appropriate boxes that apply.
- Please do not send originals at this point of the application process, they will be required until the final interview.
- Please provide accurate information. All documentations could be reviewed and submitted for verification before or after the micro-scholarship is granted. Additional information may be asked.
- Only complete applications will be accepted for review by April 26, 2022, 6:00 pm.
- All documents must be scanned and submitted in PDF format.
You can fill out the online application form here: https://bit.ly/OF_Nic_2022
Questions about the Opportunity Funds may be addressed to: