1. Town Hall in Chinandega with Ambassador Dogu on November 28, 2017
The U.S. Embassy invites U.S. citizens in Nicaragua to attend a Town Hall hosted by Ambassador Dogu on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. The event will take place at Hotel Los Volcanes located at Km. 128 1/2 Carretera León – Chinandega.
The program will include remarks by the Ambassador, as well as presentations from Embassy officials on emergency preparedness and the overall security situation in Nicaragua. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions. Light refreshments will be served.
In order to attend, you must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and U.S. passport number no later than noon on Wednesday, November 22, 2017. You will need to present your passport in order to be admitted to the event. Space is limited, so attendees will be accommodated on an RSVP basis only. If we reach our maximum number of attendees and continue to receive RSVPs, we will let you know.
If you have additional questions, please call the U.S. Embassy Managua Consular Section at 2252-7100. Inquires may also be sent by email to email@example.com.
2. Change in Hours of Services for U.S. Citizens
U.S. Embassy Managua announces a change in hours of services for U.S. citizens, effective November 13, 2017. Services for U.S. citizens are available Monday – Thursday mornings and in the afternoon from 1:00 to 3:00 PM. The embassy is closed on Nicaraguan and U.S. holidays. An appointment is required for all services except emergency services. Click here to make an appointment. For emergency services please contact us here.
• See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Nicaragua Country Specific Information.
• Enroll in the Smart Traveler-Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
• Contact the U.S. Embassy in Nicaragua located at Km 5 ½ C. Sur Managua, Nicaragua, at 011-505-2252-7100, 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:15 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Friday. The American Citizen Services unit is also available by email during regular business hours at ACS.Managua@state.gov. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is also 011-505-2252-7100 or 011-505-8786-7100.
• Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).