Event: Several airlines have announced their intent to resume commercial service between Nicaragua and the United States. The following dates for resumption of service are current as of September 22, 2020 but could change:
- Avianca service resumed on September 19, 2020
- Spirit Airlines plans to resume service on October 01, 2020
- American Airlines plans to resume service on October 08, 2020
- United Airlines plans to resume service on October 16, 2020
- Aeromexico plans to resume service on October 31, 2020
- Copa Airlines plans to resume service in October 2020, with a date to be determined
- Delta Airlines has not yet announced a date for the resumption of their service between Nicaragua and the United States
Travelers are reminded that the Government of Nicaragua requires negative COVID-19 test results for entry to Nicaragua. At this time, COVID-19 testing is not required to depart Nicaragua or to enter the United States.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and what you can do to reduce your risk.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on state.gov for the latest information regarding impacts to travel.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://ni.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/) for information on conditions in Nicaragua.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- S. Embassy Managua, Nicaragua
Km 5 ½ Carretera Sur
+505-2252-7171 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444