Event: American Airlines plans to suspend flights to and from Managua beginning March 27, 2020; Spirit Airlines will do the same beginning March 24, 2020; and United Airlines beginning April 1, 2020.
With the outbreak of COVID-19, other airlines have suspended or may soon suspend service from Nicaragua. U.S. citizens planning to leave Nicaragua should contact the airlines operating out of Nicaragua directly for updates on flight cancellations and suspension of services.
Airline contact information is available on the Managua airport website: https://www.eaai.com.ni/en/aerolines-internationals
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19 recommending that U.S. citizens who reside in the United States arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Check with your airline, cruise line, or travel operator regularly for updated information about your travel plans and, or, restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://ni.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/)for information on conditions in Nicaragua.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.