U.S. Social Security Services and other Federal Benefits
Nicaragua – May 23-26, 2022
The U.S. Embassy in Nicaragua is pleased to announce that representatives from the Regional Federal Benefits Unit located in the U.S. Embassy in Costa Rica will visit Nicaragua to offer services for beneficiaries or individuals with questions about U.S. Social Security and other federal benefits.
Where: Consular Section U.S. Embassy Managua –kilometer 5 ½ (5.5) Carretera Sur.
When: May 23, 24, 25 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., but closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. each day.
Where: Hotel Los Arcos, Estelí, Nicaragua –Del Costado NO de Catedral ½ cuadra al Norte.
When: May 26 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. but closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
An appointment is required, BUT BE PREPARED TO WAIT. Walk-ins will not be accepted
WHAT TO BRING FOR SOCIAL SECURITY SERVICES: Bring originals and copies of the following for all applicants: birth certificate, passport – as well as any document you need to submit and a copy of the document.
Please register your appointment no later than May 16 by sending your name, U.S. passport or Nicaraguan cedula number, phone number, service(s) needed and desired date to ACSManagua@state.gov or by calling at 2252-7161 during business hours. We will respond to your message with the time slot scheduled for you.
A complete request will state I, John W. Smith, U.S. Passport 123456789, reachable at 2252-7100, would like assistance with enrolling in direct deposit to receive my Social Security benefits payments in Nicaragua more quickly and also with cancelling my Medicare Part B. I would like to schedule an appointment on May 24th.
The best way to contact the Regional Federal Benefits Unit is by using their online form: http://cr.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/fbu-inquiry-form/
To learn more about the services offered by the Regional Federal Benefits Unit visit: https://cr.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/
We look forward to seeing you there!
- Please follow the links or call the numbers below for consular assistance. Contact the S. Embassy in Managua, located at Km 5 ½ C. Sur Managua, Nicaragua, by calling +505-2252-7104, 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 7:15 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Fridays.
- The American Citizen Services unit is also available by email during regular business hours at ACSManagua@state.gov. For after-hours emergencies, call +505-2252-7171 and ask for the Embassy Duty Officer.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nicaragua Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter