Event: International airline passengers who require a negative COVID-19 viral test to travel to the United States can now make an online appointment with the Nicaraguan Ministry of Health (MINSA) and receive their test results digitally using the following website: https://serviciosenlinea.minsa.gob.ni
The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that getting the COVID-19 vaccine does not exempt U.S.-bound travelers from the requirement to provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days of travel, or documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel.
COVID-19 testing in Nicaragua is only available through MINSA and costs $150. The U.S. Embassy does not provide COVID-19 tests.
All testing in Nicaragua is carried out at the National Center for Diagnosis and Reference (CNDR) from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Test results are returned the same day between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Travelers wishing to be tested must present an identification card (cedula) or passport and their flight itinerary. The $150 fee must be deposited in either Banpro account 10010012253774 (U.S. dollars) or 10010002253784 (cordobas), both registered under TGR-MINSA. Cash payments can be made at Conchita Palacios National Health Complex.
Please contact the Ministry of Health or your airline for further information about testing requirements.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and what you can do to reduce your risk.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on state.gov for the latest information regarding impacts to travel.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nicaragua.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Please follow the links or call the numbers below for consular assistance. Contact the U.S. Embassy in Managua, located at Km 5 ½ C. Sur Managua, Nicaragua, by calling +505-2252-7104, 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 7:15 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Fridays. The American Citizen Services unit is also available by email during regular business hours at ACSManagua@state.gov. For after-hours emergencies, call +505-2252-7171 and ask for the Embassy Duty Officer.
- Nicaragua Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter