Event: Eastern Airlines has confirmed direct flights from Managua (MGA) to Miami (MIA) on June 11 and 12, 2020. These flights are scheduled to depart Managua at 11:00 a.m. and arrive in Miami at 3:30 p.m.
These are commercial flights. Tickets cannot be purchased at the airport and must be purchased online directly from Eastern Airlines at https://goeasternair.com/ (note: pick “one way” as the option). Questions regarding ticket purchase may be directed to Eastern Airlines customer service at phone number +1-855-216-7601 or on Whatsapp at +52-1-800-953-1800.
The Embassy strongly encourages U.S. citizens interested in returning to the United States to consider these options. After you have purchased tickets from Eastern Airlines, please go directly to the airport to check in; you do not need to stop at the Embassy. Flights may experience significant delays; please be patient and arrive at the airport with water and snacks, as airport food vendors are not currently open.
Do not go to the airport if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, including cough, fever, or body aches. You will not be allowed to board and may endanger your fellow passengers or airport staff.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and what you can do to reduce your risk.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information impacting global travel.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://ni.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/) for information on conditions in Nicaragua.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- U.S. Embassy Managua, Nicaragua
Km 5 ½ Carretera Sur
+505-2252-7171 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444