Event: Eastern Airlines has confirmed a direct flight from Managua (MGA) to Miami (MIA) on Thursday, May 21, 2020. This flight departs Managua at 10:00 a.m. and arrives in Miami at 2:30 p.m. This is a commercial flight. Tickets cannot be purchased at the airport and must be purchased online directly from Eastern Airlines at https://goeasternair.com/ (Note: pick “one way” as the option). Questions regarding ticket purchase may be directed to Eastern Airlines customer service at phone number +1-855-216-7601 or on Whatsapp at +52-1-800-953-1800.
The Embassy strongly encourages U.S. citizens interested in returning to the United States to consider this option. When you have purchased your tickets from Eastern Airlines, please go directly to the airport to meet your flight; you do not need to come to the Embassy. This flight may experience delays; please be patient and arrive at the airport with water and snacks, as airport food vendors are currently not open.
Do not come to the airport if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, including cough, fever, or body aches. You will not be allowed to board and may endanger your fellow passengers or airport staff.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and what you can do to reduce your risk.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on state.gov for the latest information regarding impacts to travel.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://ni.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/) for information on conditions in Nicaragua.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- S. Embassy Managua, Nicaragua
Km 5 ½ Carretera Sur
+505-2252-7171 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nicaragua Country Information