Pre-Announcement of Pay.gov DS-82 Program Launch
Currently, all U.S. passport applicants in Nicaragua must arrange for in-person payment of their passport renewal fee at the U.S. Embassy in Managua. We understand that this situation is inconvenient for U.S. citizens residing outside Managua and have been working on a solution.
The Department of State is pleased to announce that U.S. Embassy Managua will soon begin supporting online payment for adult passport renewal fees. Qualified applicants will no longer need to make an interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy. The program is expected to begin in the next few weeks. We will send out another announcement when this online payment becomes available, along with specific instructions to help you confirm your eligibility to use this payment option.
American Citizen Services
U.S. Embassy Managua
Actions to Take
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and what you can do to reduce your risk.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on gov for the latest information regarding impacts to travel.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nicaragua.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Please follow the links or call the numbers below for consular assistance. Contact the S. Embassy in Managua, located at Km 5 ½ C. Sur Managua, Nicaragua, by calling +505-2252-7104, 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 7:15 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Fridays.
- The American Citizen Services unit is also available by email during regular business hours at ACSManagua@state.gov. For after-hours emergencies, call +505-2252-7171 and ask for the Embassy Duty Officer.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nicaragua Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter