Event: International commercial flight options currently exist in Nicaragua. U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial arrangements as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government does not anticipate arranging repatriation flights in Nicaragua at this time.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive alerts.
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and what you can do to reduce your risk.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis pageon travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding impacts to travel.
- Check with your airline, cruise line, or travel operator regularly for updated information about your travel plans and, or, restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://ni.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/) for information on conditions in Nicaragua.
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter.
• U.S. Embassy Managua, Nicaragua
Km 5 ½ Carretera Sur
+505-2252-7171 (after hours)
• State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Nicaragua Country Information