Foreign National Student Intern Vacancy Announcement U.S.
Department Of State
- Position Name: Regional Security Office Intern
- Office: Regional Security Office
- Division: State/DSS
- Opening Date: March 30, 2020
- Closing Date: April 20, 2020
- Work Hours: Upon Agreement, minimum 15 hours per week (Flexible)
- Duration: Minimum 3 months, maximum 6 months
- Salary: Volunteer, unpaid
*NOTE: U.S. citizens are not eligible for this intern program. The U.S. Department of State sponsors a separate intern program for U.S. Citizens. For more information on student programs with State Department go to www.Careers.State.gov and click on Student Programs.
Assist Regional Security Office employees with administrative functions related to the management of residential security, local guard force, local investigations and daily operations.
- Education: Completion of secondary school plus studies in Business Administration, International Relations, Law, Criminal justice or related fields.
- Experience: Administrative experience, management of projects, working with teams to accomplish specific goals- education may be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Language: English level III. This may be tested.
- Knowledge: Organizational and time management skills, experience using computers for daily tasks, specific knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Skills And Abilities: Creating and editing documents using Microsoft office programs, managing a schedule or calendar, filing and organization, English and Spanish language.
- Supervision Received: Assistant Regional Security Officer.
- Supervision Exercise: None
- Nature, Level And Purpose Of Contacts: Working closely with the RSO staff, General Services, Facilities and Management. Occasional visits to residences and interfacing with occupants and other mission members. The incumbent will work with employees of all levels in order to ensure the success of the security program.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Security certification and medical clearances must be completed before beginning the internship.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
- Application for Foreign National Student Intern Program
- Statement of Interest form
- Copy of Nicaragua identification card (e.g. Cedula)
- Academic Transcripts
- At least two letters of recommendation from professors
Submit Application To:
The person in charge of this program at your University.