Foreign National Student Intern Vacancy Announcement U.S.
Department Of State
- Position Name: Public Affairs Student Assistant
- Office: Public Affairs Section
- Division: Culture and Press teams
- Opening Date: March 30, 2020
- Closing Date: April 20, 2020
- Work Hours: Upon Agreement, minimum 15 hours per week (Flexible)
- Duration: Minimum 3 months, maximum 6 months
- Salary: Volunteer, unpaid
*NOTE: U.S. citizens are not eligible for this intern program. The U.S. Department of State sponsors a separate intern program for U.S. Citizens. For more information on student programs with State Department go to www.Careers.State.gov and click on Student Programs.
To provide support on cultural programming design and implementation, social media and outreach campaigns, and press initiatives with the U.S. Embassy Managua’s Public Affairs Section (PAS).
Note: Applicants must address and include with the application copies of all requirements listed below and submit documentation that supports these requirements, i.e. university studies. application without these documents will not be considered.
- Education: Undergraduate university studies in Business Administration, Public Relations, Education, Marketing, Communications, International Affairs, Social Sciences, or related fields.
- Experience: Experience in video editing required (e.g. to create short videos for Embassy social media platforms). Experience in graphic design using programs such as Adobe Photoshop required. Prior office experience preferred.
- Language: English level III. This may be tested.
- Knowledge: Communications strategy, experience with strategic planning and marketing strategies, developing social media campaigns, program management, a creative and innovative thinker.
- Abilities: Strong working ability in computer applications (Microsoft Office) and Internet research skills. Must be skilled at using various social media platforms. Typing at least 40 WPM.
- Supervision Received: Directly supervised by the Public Affairs Officer.
- Supervision Exercise: None
- Nature, Level And Purpose Of Contacts: The incumbent will have the opportunity to work with the Public Affairs Section’s partners, including educational institutions, the Centro Cultural Nicaragüense Norteamericano binational center, select press outlets and journalists, and a variety of private sector and non-governmental partners on entrepreneurship, cultural, and sports programs.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Security certification and medical clearances must be completed before beginning the internship.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
- Application for Foreign National Student Intern Program
- Statement of Interest form
- Copy of Nicaragua identification card (e.g. Cedula)
- Academic Transcripts
- At least two letters of recommendation from professors
Submit Application To:
The person in charge of this program at your University.