Foreign National Student Intern Vacancy Announcement U.S.
Department Of State
- Position Name: Information Technology Assistant
- Office: Information Management Center/Information Systems Center
- Division: Management
- Opening Date: March 30, 2020
- Closing Date: April 20, 2020
- Work Hours: Upon Agreement, minimum 15 hours per week (Flexible)
- Duration: Minimum 3 months, maximum 6 months
- Salary: Volunteer, unpaid
*NOTE: U.S. citizens are not eligible for this intern program. The U.S. Department of State sponsors a separate intern program for U.S. Citizens. For more information on student programs with State Department go to www.Careers.State.gov and click on Student Programs.
Work alongside Post’s Computer Management Specialists to aid in the areas of customer service, inventory, and project management.
- Education: Completion of secondary school plus university studies in Systems Engineer, Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience: Prior experience of the applicant should include management of multiple projects – education may be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Language: English level III. This may be tested.
- Knowledge: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and comfortable with iOS or Android Mobile applications.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to follow detailed instructions written in English and proactively offer suggestions on ways to more efficiently complete tasks assigned.
- Supervision Received: Supervised by Senior Computer Management Specialist.
- Supervision Exercise: None
- Nature, Level And Purpose Of Contacts: The incumbent will work with employees of all levels in order to ensure the success of customer service and project management.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Security certification and medical clearances must be completed before beginning the internship.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
- Application for Foreign National Student Intern Program
- Statement of Interest form
- Copy of Nicaragua identification card (e.g. Cedula)
- Academic Transcripts
- At least two letters of recommendation from professors
Submit Application To:
The person in charge of this program at your University.