Foreign National Student Intern Vacancy Announcement U.S.
Department Of State
- Position Name: Information Management Center Administrative Assistant
- Office: Information Management Office
- Division: Management
- Opening Date: March 30, 2020
- Closing Date: April 20, 2020
- Work Hours: Upon Agreement, minimum 15 hours per week (Flexible)
- Duration: Minimum 3 months, maximum 6 months
- Salary: Volunteer, unpaid
*NOTE: U.S. citizens are not eligible for this intern program. The U.S. Department of State sponsors a separate intern program for U.S. Citizens. For more information on student programs with State Department go to www.Careers.State.gov and click on Student Programs.
Assist the Information Management Officer with projects designated to the intern. Projects will include data entry and some physical re-arranging of equipment and materials.
- Education: Completion of secondary school plus university studies in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience: Prior experience of the applicant should include management of multiple projects – education may be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Language: English level III. This may be tested.
- Knowledge: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and comfortable with iOS or Android Mobile applications.
- Abilities: Strong communication and time management skills. Fundamental skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office – specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Supervision Received: Supervised by the Information Management Officer.
- Supervision Exercise: None
- Nature, Level And Purpose Of Contacts: The Information Management Office provides customer service for most sections and agencies at post. The incumbent will have an opportunity to work with most all agencies at post who are clients of our services depending on the scope of projects assigned.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Security certification and medical clearances must be completed before beginning the internship.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
- Application for Foreign National Student Intern Program
- Statement of Interest form
- Copy of Nicaragua identification card (e.g. Cedula)
- Academic Transcripts
- At least two letters of recommendation from professors
Submit Application To:
The person in charge of this program at your University.