Foreign National Student Intern Vacancy Announcement U.S.
Department Of State
- Position Name: Human Resources Intern
- Office: Human Resources
- Division: Management
- Opening Date: March 30, 2020
- Closing Date: April 20, 2020
- Work Hours: Upon Agreement, minimum 15 hours per week (Flexible)
- Duration: Minimum 3 months, maximum 6 months
- Salary: Volunteer, unpaid
*NOTE: U.S. citizens are not eligible for this intern program. The U.S. Department of State sponsors a separate intern program for U.S. Citizens. For more information on student programs with State Department go to www.Careers.State.gov and click on Student Programs.
To Retire closed files and create a disposition file report for U.S. Embassy personnel. Incumbent will be required to create electronic files and shred documents, escort visitors and contact candidates for interview process as required.
- Education: Liberal Arts, Communication, Business Administration, International Relations, Engineering and related fields.
- Experience: 3 months of experience providing clerical support and preparing reports – education may be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Language: English level II. This may be tested.
- Knowledge: Fundamental skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically of Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Skills and Abilities: Strong communication, customer service and organization skills.
- Supervision Received: Human Resources Clerk
- Supervision Exercise: None
- Nature, Level And Purpose Of Contacts: Working closely with the Human Resources staff in order to provide support to U.S. Embassy personnel requests
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Security certification and medical clearances must be completed before beginning the internship.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
- Application for Foreign National Student Intern Program
- Statement of Interest form
- Copy of Nicaragua identification card (e.g. Cedula)
- Academic Transcripts
- At least two letters of recommendation from professors
Submit Application To:
The person in charge of this program at your University.