Foreign National Student Intern Vacancy Announcement U.S.
Department Of State
- Position Name: Commercial Intern
- Office: ECON/Commerce
- Division: Management
- Opening Date: March 30, 2020
- Closing Date: April 20, 2020
- Work Hours: Upon Agreement, minimum 15 hours per week (Flexible)
- Duration: Minimum 3 months, maximum 6 months
- Salary: Volunteer, unpaid
*NOTE: U.S. citizens are not eligible for this intern program. The U.S. Department of State sponsors a separate intern program for U.S. Citizens. For more information on student programs with State Department go to www.Careers.State.gov and click on Student Programs.
- Researching and analyzing economic data and current events, fact-checking data for inclusion in official reports, tracking and organizing meetings and meeting notes, and otherwise assisting with the Economic and Commercial Section’s day-to-day work.
- Drafting and researching documents in both English and Spanish, including informational background documents, statistical summaries, and biographies.
- Assisting in logistical support both in the office and for representational events, including but not limited to preparing distribution materials, copying, printing, filing, and checking in and escorting guests.
- Education: Undergraduate university studies in International relations, Economics, Trade, Political science, or related fields.
- Experience: Experience providing clerical support and preparing reports – education may be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Language: English level II. This may be tested.
- Knowledge: Fundamental skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically of Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Skills and Abilities: Research, writing, editing skills, and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently, high attention to detail and origination, and high academic standing.
- Supervision Received: The intern will be supervised by the Deputy Economic Officer/Commercial Officer and Commercial Assistant.
- Supervision Exercise: None
- Nature, Level And Purpose Of Contacts: Economic leaders and influencers. Private sector representatives.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Security certification and medical clearances must be completed before beginning the internship.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
- Application for Foreign National Student Intern Program
- Statement of Interest form
- Copy of Nicaragua identification card (e.g. Cedula)
- Academic Transcripts
- At least two letters of recommendation from professors
Submit Application To:
The person in charge of this program at your University.