Application Requirements for Opportunity Fund
Application deadline: March 23, 2020
This micro-scholarship covers the upfront costs to apply for admissions to juniors or sophomores in high school, or anyone seeking a graduate program in a college or university in the United States of America. It is not a scholarship to cover tuition or any other fees after the student has been admitted to an institution.
Students must be of limited economic resources, possess academic achievements, proficiency in the English language, committed to search, and find that Higher Education Institution that has the right fit. Must be Nicaraguan citizen only.
Note: Does not apply to previous Opportunity Fund Grantees.
- Complete Scholarship Application Form.
- Curriculum Vitae, two pages maximum.
- Essay describing dreams, future goals, and professional life. Should not exceed 600 words, typed.
- High School Certificate, report card (9th-10th grade). University Certificate/Degree, transcripts (1st -5th year).
- Grade Point Average should be no less or equal to 90.
- Water bill
- Electricity bill
- If selected among the top finalist, the student will be notified and called for an interview within 10 working days after documentation submission.
- Read the application thoroughly.
- Fill all the required fields, print or use legible hand writing. Please do not leave any blank spaces.
- Answer all the questions, and fill in the appropriate boxes that apply.
- Make sure to send all required documents to assess financial need, either scanned or photocopied. Please do not send originals at this point of the application process, they will be required for final interview.
- All documentations could be reviewed and submitted for verification before or after the micro-scholarship is granted. Additional information may be asked.
- Only complete applications will be accepted for review by March 23, 2020.
- Printed applications must be delivered to:
You can fill out the online application form here: https://forms.gle/peHdSzFrZvENZjSx6
Questions about the Opportunity Fund may be addressed to: