Location: Multiple locations throughout Nicaragua; most likely around rotundas and universities in major cities.
Event: Demonstrations scheduled as early as today, April 18 at 5:00 p.m. and as late as April 30. Participants intend to organize in response to a recent policy change regarding the Nicaraguan Social Security Institute (INSS). Locations and times of demonstrations may change last minute and may impact traffic in these areas.
Actions to Take:
• Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
• Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests, and do not attempt to drive through any large groups and/or barricades encountered on the street.
• Monitor local media for updates.
• Keep a low profile.
- U. S. Embassy Managua, Nicaragua
(+505)-2252-7100 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444