A ceremony will be held this afternoon to celebrate the opening of a highway overpass near the Embassy. Due to anticipated road closures and traffic congestion associated with the ceremony, the Embassy will limit routine consular services for the remainder of the day today. Regular customer service hours will resume November 30.
Actions to Take:
Please follow the links or call the numbers below for additional service-related information.
- You may contact the U.S. Embassy in Managua, located at Km 5 ½ C. Sur in Managua, Nicaragua, by calling +505-2252-7104 from 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:15 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Friday. The American Citizen Services unit is also available by email during regular business hours at Managua@state.gov. For after-hours emergencies, please call +505-2252-7100 and ask for the Embassy Duty Officer.
- To reach the Department of State’s Office of Overseas Citizens Services, you may call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free from a U.S. phone line, or 001-202-501-4444 from a Nicaraguan phone, between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Nicaragua Country Information.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.