Location: Managua, Countrywide
Event: Due to anticipated traffic disruptions associated with a nationwide strike tomorrow, the Embassy’s consular section will be closed to the public on Thursday, May 23, 2019, and movement of Embassy personnel has been temporarily restricted. Regular customer service hours will resume Friday, May 24, 2019.
Actions to Take: Please follow the links or call the numbers below for additional service-related information.
- You may contact the U.S. Embassy in Managua, located at Km 5 ½ C. Sur in Managua, Nicaragua, by calling +505-2252-7104 from 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:15 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Friday. The American Citizen Services unit is also available by email during regular business hours at ACSManagua@state.gov. For after-hours emergencies involving a U.S. citizen, please call +505-2252-7171 and ask for the Embassy Duty Officer.
- To reach the Department of State’s Office of Overseas Citizens Services, you may call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free from a U.S. phone line, or 001-202-501-4444 from a Nicaraguan phone, between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Nicaragua Country Information.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.