Location: Managua, Countrywide
Event: The Embassy’s consular section will be closed to the public for the remainder of Thursday, March 5, and all day Friday, March 6, 2020. Regular customer service hours will resume Monday, March 9, 2020.
Actions to Take: Please follow the links or call the numbers below for additional service-related information.
- The U.S. Embassy in Managua is located at Km 5 ½ C. Sur in Managua, Nicaragua. The consular section’s operating hours are 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:15 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Friday, except for published holidays and announced closures.
- You may contact the American Citizen Services unit in the Embassy’s consular section by calling +505-2252-7104 or emailing ACSManagua@state.gov during regular business hours. For after-hours emergencies involving a U.S. citizen, please call +505-2252-7171 and ask to speak to the Embassy Duty Officer.
- To reach the Department of State’s Office of Overseas Citizens Services, you may call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free from a U.S. phone line or 001-202-501-4444 from a Nicaraguan phone between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Nicaragua Country Information.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.