Event: As the United States mourns the loss of President George H. W. Bush, the Embassy will be closed to the public on Wednesday, December 5. The consular section will resume its regular schedule on Thursday, December 6.
Actions to Take: If you had an appointment scheduled for December 5, please check your email and, or, text messages for information on how to reschedule your appointment. Please follow the links or call the numbers below for additional service-related information.
- You may contact the U.S. Embassy in Managua, located at Km 5 ½ C. Sur in Managua, Nicaragua, by calling +505-2252-7104 from 7:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:15 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Friday. The American Citizen Services unit is also available by email during regular business hours at ACS.Managua@state.gov. For after-hours emergencies, please call +505-2252-7100 and ask for the Embassy Duty Officer.
- To reach the Department of State’s Office of Overseas Citizens Services, you may call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free from a U.S. phone line, or 001-202-501-4444 from a Nicaraguan phone, between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Nicaragua Country Information.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.