Event: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, the U.S. Embassy has extended the suspension of routine visa appointments until further notice. This suspension includes appointments for immigrant and non-immigrant visa applications. Emergency visa applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Services for U.S. citizens are not affected by this suspension.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and what you can do to reduce your risk.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on state.gov for the latest information regarding impacts to travel.
- Check with your airline, cruise line, or travel operator regularly for updated information about your travel plans and, or, restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nicaragua.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- S. Embassy Managua, Nicaragua
Km 5 ½ Carretera Sur
+505-2252-7171 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nicaragua Country Information