Event: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, the U.S. Embassy has suspended routine visa services through April 30, 2020. This suspension includes appointments for immigrant and non-immigrant visa applications. Emergency visa applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Services for U.S. citizens are not affected by this suspension.
There are still commercial flights from Nicaragua to the United States available on Aeromexico via Mexico City. The Embassy strongly urges U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States to make commercial flight arrangements as soon as possible before flights become unavailable. Airline contact information is available on the Managua airport website: https://www.eaai.com.ni/en/aerolines-internationals
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and what you can do to reduce your risk.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding impacts to travel.
- Check with your airline, cruise line, or travel operator regularly for updated information about your travel plans and, or, restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://ni.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/) for information on conditions in Nicaragua.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.